This Saturday, the Granada Hills Street Fairy will wave her magic wand over Chatsworth Street to once again bring us the Granada Hills Street Fair! E!
What to look for:
- KRTH, a/k/a K-EARTH 101, will be on hand to drop the funky fresh beats, with DJ's spinning trip-hop, trance, and techno, or so I have been told.
- Three stages of entertainment, including dance troupes and a music revue curated by Blue Ridge Pickin' Parlour.
- The L.A County Earthquake Simulator Truck! That's right: if this truck's rockin', please come knockin! You can take the kids inside and let them experience what things were like back in the days when we had earthquakes. Thank god that will never happen again.
- Emergency preparedness info and freebies. But seriously, folks: we went 23 years between the Sylmar and Northridge quakes, so if that pattern holds, you'd better get ready by at least 2017 -- or sooner.
- Over 100 pre-1975 entries in the car show.
- A pie-eating contest, brought to you by Du-Pars. If you want to compete, stop eating NOW.
- Crafty vendors.
- Bouncing, jumping, climbing and pony riding for the kids.
- Hula Dancing for the dads.
- A fashion show courtesy of Alley Cat Boutique.
- Aikido and sword demonstration by North Valley Aikikai (please keep your hands and arms away from the stage).
- Other stuff that no one has told me about yet.
- Yours truly, out there begging more people to read this site! Stop by and say hello.
This event is, to me, one of the things that makes Granada Hills Granada Hills. The forecast promises nice weather, and chances are you can probably get there on foot or on bike, so parking shouldn't be an issue. So come on out and get your face painted, and then smear it all off with with kettle corn and fried twinkies. There's no better way to spend a Saturday.
For grammar nerds who are as fascinated by the topic of spelling as I am, click here.